- Resume Clinic
- Job Fair
- CXO Track
- For You
- Hackers Horror Stories
- Rui Bastos
CIO of Reliance Industries
Brief profile of Rui Bastos, CIO Hydrocarbons & Group Head - Reliance Internal Audit, Mumbai
Rui Bastos is a CA with CIA, CISA and MBA. He has a career of more than 21 years in Financial and IT Audit, Advisory and Risk Management roles. His industry experience includes various roles for major corporates on 3 continents, including Shell, Vodafone, Allianz, McDonalds, Merck, LIDL, Transnet and Coca Cola.
Currently, CIO – Hydrocarbons and the Group Head of Audit and Risk Management at Reliance Industries Limited, he has been a Partner for Ernst & Young and the Group Head of Corporate & IT Audit and Audit Operations for Shell.
- Rui Bastos was named a winner of iCMG’s Global Business CIO Awards 2018, selected for spearheading the project, “Enabling Effective Technology Road-mapping”.
- As the Group Head of Internal Audit at RIL, he established the Group’s Risk Management function embedded in the Hydrocarbons (Upstream, Midstream, Refining & Petrochemicals), Retail and Telecom business segments with world-class processes, systems and methodologies.
- At Shell, he transformed the Corporate and IT Audit functions into world class internal audit functions performing impactful and value adding assurance and advisory assignments across the Group. He also implemented Continuous Auditing and Data Analytics techniques to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of process controls testing. Some of the leading practices in continuous auditing adopted at Shell have been recognised by the industry.
- As Technology & Security Risk Services Country Leader at Ernst & Young, he established the IT Risk and Advisory services practice, and Service Line Leader for Information Management Services in Continental Western Europe.
- As founder and CFO of PA Cargo CC, in South Africa, he built an international freight forwarding and customs brokerage business from start-up to a multimillion ZAR per annum business.